READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY. BY VISITING THE SITE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED HEREIN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITE.
It is important for you to read the entire Policy carefully. However, in an effort to facilitate your review and help you navigate the Policy, we’ve also included the following quick reference guide of the primary topics covered herein.
If you have questions about the Policy or our privacy practices on the Site, simply please send them to us via email at [email protected].
The Policy is part of the Site’s covers our practices with respect to information gathered by HAXART on or through the Site. Additional terms and conditions may apply to your interactions with the HAXART family of companies in other contexts.
Please note the Policy does not govern the practices of third parties, including any third parties to which HAXART may disclose information as set forth herein. We are unable to control and are not responsible for the activities of such third parties, each of whom may have privacy practices and policies that differ from those described in the Policy. Additional information about your interactions with third parties can be found in Third-Party Websites & Services below.
We encourage you to read all applicable terms and conditions, and ensure you understand and agree to them, prior to sharing information online.
HAXART gathers two main types of information from or about customers in connection with their Site visits: (i) information that can reasonably be used to directly contact or identify a customer as a specific individual (“personal information” or “PI”); and (ii) information that does not directly reveal a customer’s identity as a particular person (“non-personal information” or “NPI”). For the sake of clarity, NPI includes aggregated, anonymized, and/or otherwise de-identified customer information that does not personally identify you.
The specific kinds of PI and NPI we may collect typically depend on the exact nature of your interactions with HAXART. Here are some common examples:
PI: full name; billing address; shipping address; payment details (e.g., credit or debit card number); telephone number; email address; date of birth; and resident identification number.
NPI: information about the computer or device used to access the Site (e.g., operating system, browser type, platform, unique device IDs, preference settings, processing capabilities, geographic location); connection and network-related information (e.g., IP address); traffic and usage data (e.g., clicks, scrolling, browsing time, searches, purchase history, referral source); and session information (e.g., page loading and response times).
A. Information You Provide
We collect PI and NPI that you choose to provide on the Site (e.g., completing online forms) or give to us in any way (e.g., communicating with HAXART representatives). In some cases, we may request that you provide us with information in order to obtain specific products or services. If you choose not to provide information we request, parts of the Site may still be accessible to you, but you may be unable to take advantage of certain features and functionality.
Some Site features may only be accessible by customers who have a valid account with HAXART and/or its parent or affiliated companies (an “Account”). The Account creation process requires you to select a unique username and password, as well as provide certain other information requested by the registration online form, including your email address. Use of your Account is generally subject to the terms and conditions made available to you during the registration process.
In order to buy products or services through the Site, customers are typically required to complete an online purchasing form that requests various details about the desired transaction, including payment-related information (e.g., credit or debit card number), billing address, shipping address, and other similar information. In most instances, information provided for payment-related purposes will also be shared with a third-party service provider (e.g., PayU or PayPal) to facilitate payment processing, depending on the payment method used.
Other examples of common ways you might choose to provide us with information include: participating in contests, sweepstakes, or other similar promotions; requesting products or services from HAXART or our partners or affiliates (e.g., calling customer service representatives); and contributing to forums, discussion boards, or other similar features (e.g., submitting a product review)
B. Information We Collect Automatically
HAXART and its service providers may automatically collect and record certain types of information in connection with your Site visit, including details about how you interact with the Site and technical information about your computer or device.
(1) LOG INFORMATION. As is true of many websites, we automatically gather some information about Site visitors and store it in log files. Examples include: IP address; referral/exit pages; browser type; Internet Service Provider (“ISP”); operating system; other details about your computer or device (e.g., hardware specifications, data processing capabilities, geographic location, etc.); and/or traffic and usage information about the ways you interact with the Site (e.g., the links you click).
(2) COOKIES. “Cookies” are small pieces of data (often text files) that are placed on your computer or device by the websites you visit. As a standard feature of major browser applications, cookies are widely used to make websites work or operate more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of those websites about users’ browsing experiences. When users return to those same websites again, their browser sends the previously-stored cookies back to the website, which allows it to recognize the user and remember important information to make his or her use of the website more personalized or convenient (e.g., by remembering the user’s saved preferences).
(3) WEB BEACONS & OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES. In addition to cookies, the Site may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and/or other similar tracking technologies that automatically collect information about how visitors interact with the Site. These may be used with along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site is used and may be used in some of our emails and online advertising to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. Tracking technologies such as web beacons also allow us to better gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns, monitor and improve the Site, personalize your browsing experience, and otherwise manage our relationship with you and other customers.
C. Other Sources
In some cases, we may also receive information about customers from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and other similar third parties. As an example, the Site may allow you to access and/or share certain content or services by logging in with your existing account on a third-party’s website or service, including social media networks like Facebook(“Social Media Platforms”). If you choose to do so, HAXART may receive certain PI and NPI through the relevant Social Media Platform, depending on your privacy settings. You should ensure that you are comfortable with the information that Social Media Platforms may make available to us by reviewing their posted policies and service terms, and if applicable, modifying your privacy settings or preferences on the relevant Social Media Platforms.
Likewise, if you create an Account with another member of the HAXART family of companies and use it to log-in to the Site, we receive certain information associated with your Account, such as details about your interactions with our parent and/or affiliated companies in other contexts.
A. Using PI
We may use PI gathered through the Site for a variety of purposes, which typically depend on the nature of our interactions with you. Key examples may include:
We may also use PI as set forth in the Compelled Uses & Disclosures section of the Policy below, or as otherwise authorized by you.
B. Sharing PI
HAXART does not share PI with third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide the services we offer or as otherwise disclosed to you in the Policy.
(2) INFORMATION YOU SHARE. The Site may incorporate certain interactive features (e.g., forums, chat, comments, product reviews, and similar features) through which users can voluntarily share information with others. If you choose to take advantage of these features, the information you share becomes public information in which you relinquish any expectation of privacy. Please note that public information may be viewed, accessed, and used by anybody with access to the Site, including other users and third parties we do not own or control. We urge you to be careful when deciding to disclose PI in connection with your Site visit. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor your use of these interactive features and/or the Site. To request removal of PI from any such interactive features we control, contact us via email at [email protected] . In some cases, we may not be able to remove your PI, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
(3) CHANGE OF CONTROL. We may disclose PI in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). You acknowledge PI may be one of the assets transferred to the acquiring entity in such change of control events and transactions.
(4) COMPELLED USES & DISCLOSURES. HAXART may also use or disclose PI as we determine in our sole discretion is necessary or appropriate to: (i) comply with applicable laws or legal process; (ii) respond to requests from public or government authorities; (iii) enforce our terms and conditions, including the Site’s Terms of Service and the Policy; (iv) protect the rights, privacy, safety, business operations, or property of HAXART, our affiliates, you, and/or others; and (v) pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
(5) BUSINESS PARTNERS. Some Site-related services are provided by HAXARTin conjunction with partner companies. If an unaffiliated third-party is collecting PI on the Site on its own behalf and not ours, you will be notified at the time PI is being collected. If you do not wish to share PI, you can choose not to use the service in question (or, as applicable, not provide PI at this time).
C. Using & Sharing NPI
We may use or disclose NPI for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable laws and regulations. Please note that NPI includes aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise de-identified customer information that does not identify you or other customers as specific individuals.
The Policy does not govern, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices or policies of any third parties. HAXART cannot control the activities of third parties to whom we provide information or with whom you otherwise choose to share data. Accordingly, we are unable to guarantee that these entities adhere to the same information handling practices as HAXART.
Note that third-party websites or services with links to and/or from the Site may collect PI about you. For example, the Site may have links to external websites or services that are operated by third parties, not HAXART. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by HAXART or its affiliates. The Policy also does not apply to, and cannot control the practices of, any such other websites or services.
The Site may contain integrated features and functionality from Social Media Platforms that facilitate social sharing and connections (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button). These features may collect information about your interactions with them and/or the Site, and may set a cookie to function properly. They are either hosted by a third party or directly on the Site. Your interactions with Social Media Platforms are governed by the privacy practices and policies of the relevant Social Media Platform, not the Policy.
If you for any reason are concerned with the way HAXART is handling your PI, or would like to review or request that we correct or delete such PI, simply contact us via email at [email protected]. We will respond to your request to access PI within 30 days. Please note that deletion of your PI may lead to termination of your Account and/or applicable related services.
In some cases, we may not be able to delete your PI and will retain and use information for a reasonable period of time thereafter, including for purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, managing internal books and records, preventing fraud, resolving disputes, and enforcing our terms and conditions.
HAXART strives to provide you with choices and controls related to your Site visit and/or the ways we may use the information we collect. The specific options available to you typically vary depending on the nature of your interactions with HAXART, but may include one or more of the following examples:
If you have questions or would like additional information about the choices and controls that may be available to you, please contact us via email at [email protected].
The Site is a general audience website not intended for children under the age of thirteen (13). We do not direct the Site’s content specifically at, and do not knowingly collect PI from, minors under age 13. If you are less than 13 years of age, please do not use the Site or otherwise provide HAXART with any PI. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13 and have reason to believe your child has submitted PI to HAXART in violation of the Policy, please contact us via email at [email protected] immediately to request that we delete his or her PI.
The Site is not engineered to respond to Internet browser Do-Not-Track signals.
The Site is controlled and operated by or on behalf of HAXART from Poland. PI and NPI collected by HAXARTor its service providers may be processed and stored in any country where we or our partners have facilities or business operations. By using the Site you consent to the transfer of your information to, and the processing or storage of information in, countries outside of your country of residence, each of which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
HAXART uses various physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to help secure PI and support our efforts to prevent loss, misuse, or alteration of the information we collect. However, please note that no server, computer, communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect customer information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Site and we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss or misuse to you or to any third party. You acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk.
This Policy is part of the Site’s Terms of Service, which are expressly incorporated herein by reference. Your Site visit and any dispute related to privacy or the Policy is subject to the Policy and the Site’s Terms of Service (including, without limitation, provisions regarding limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of governing law). By using the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Policy. If you do not wish to agree to the Policy, please do not use the Site.
We may modify, update, or revise the Policy from time to time to reflect changes in technology, applicable laws, our business operations, or for any other reason we determine is necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion. If we do make changes to the Policy, we will post the revised version to the Site, update the “Last Modified” legend above, and the revised Policy will become effective upon posting. If we make a material change to the Policy, we may provide you with additional forms of notice as well, and if necessary, give you further choices regarding such change prior to the change becoming effective. Your continued use of the Site will signify your acceptance of these changes.
We encourage you to check back frequently and review the Policy for any changes since your last visit. Doing so will help ensure you better understand your relationship with HAXART and the ways we may collect, use, and/or share information from or about you.
If you have any questions about this Policy, our privacy practices on the Site, or if you would like to submit a request to access your PI or have us update or delete it, please send them to us via email at [email protected] or via postal mail at the following address:
HAXART MARCIN TOPOR
ul. Lubomira Szopinskiego 7/26